The launch of Electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS) is a step towards the ‘ease of govermance’. It is an initiative by which the technology will be put to the optimum use..
Dr Jitendra Singh
Electronic-Human Resource Management System
The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Easterm Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRM). He launched it during the observance of Good Governance Day by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions. The Minister launched the 25 applications of 5 modules of the system. The e-service book launched for DoPT during March this year will also be integrated into the e-HRMS. The software will give a comprehensive and combined view of the human resource deployed by the Govenment.
It will also provide HR analytics for the Government. With launch of e-HRM, employees will be able to not only see all their details w.r.t service book, leave, GPF ,Salary etc. but also apply for different kind of claims/reimbursements, loan’advances, leave, leave encashment, LTC advances, Tour etc. on a single platform. Employees shall not be dependent for data updating on administration, but they may themselves update the data with their login subject to verification by concened villages administration. They will be able to track status and match details instantly. This is a integrated step in the direction of fully automated Human Resource Management System with a target to bring all employees of Govemment of India on employee portal so that all processes of personnel management from hiring to retiring will be on digital platform and manual system of handling personnel management will be dispensed with.
With launch of the website ehrms.gov.in, five bigger modules covering 25 applications have been launched. These are:
1. Personnel Information System– which has functionalities of self-updating by employees.
2. Leave- Leave of all kind may be claimed and sanctioned through website that will become part of service book.
3. LTC- All function related to LTC application, Eligibility Check, Sanction, Advance claim, Final reimbursements, Leave encashment.
4. Loan/Advances- All kind of loan and advances can be claimed, sanctioned and paid through it.
5. Tour– All tour applications to be submitted through system and TA advance may also be claimed.